A lot of you had asked me to post the email I had sent to Gary Vaynerchuk which included everything I had completed in the past 30 days. Below is the list I sent him last night 🙂 ENJOY!
I can’t believe how long the past 30 days has felt since I submitted my number to your live Youtube stream! It’s kind of crazy how 2 days before that call I was thinking to myself how life changing it would be if I could just get 10 minuted of your time. It looks like I got more then I asked for!
Below is a “no bullshit” list of everything I have been up to in the last 30 days, as you requested 😃
- Day 1 – Completely created an entire website, logo, and blog from scratch to document my 30 day journey (thefabulousjourney.com)
- Started the hashtag #30DayGaryVeeChallenge as a way to track my posts throughout the next 30 days, which has since caught on and has 138 other people are using it for their own 30 day challenges!
- I started a daily vlog on Youtube, documenting my journey and thoughts to building a business. I’ve gotten 461 subscribers! They comment all the time and love seeing the progression of my vlog
- I’ve done about to 10-15 interviews with other bloggers/ podcasters/ retired NFL player/ and new vloggers who wanted me to be their first interview. My conversation with you inspired them to create something for themselves! More interviews are already set up for the future.
- I was interviewed and featured in a Huffington Post article about my call with you
- I’ve already booked an appearance 1 year in advance with this cool dude in Texas, Chris Trew. It’s going to be the 1 year follow up after my call with you (He is secretly hoping you will show up LOL) and its going to be in a comedy theater since he is a comedian
- I had an in-person interview with a retired NFL player turned motivational speaker, Caleb Campbell, and had an amazing conversation for about an hour. Similar to my talk with you. We’ve kept in contact and he wants to collaborate on my new apparel company when I get back to Buffalo since we are basically neighbors
- I got a video editor through launching a contest on IG stories. His name is Steven Santos and he edited my vlog videos during my 30 day challenge. He’s amazing!
- I launched my first business ever called Digital Nomad Apparel (DNA) on day 20! It’s created by digital nomads for digital nomads, basically one big global collaboration apparel brand. I want it to be a community and lifestyle brand for online entrepreneurs. So far I’ve made about $100 on shirts that have really bad margins!
- I launched another contest to get help designing my logo for DNA and ended up collaborating with this guy Chris Lilja who is also amazing!
- Since collaborating with Steve (video editor) and Chris (logo designer), I tagged them in my IG posts and they have gotten a lot of paid jobs because of it, which makes me extremely happy that I could have helped them back!
- I talked with “that guy from London” on the phone, Steven Bartlett 😃 He gave me some great advice and our conversation was in his daily vlog
- I started selling things in my closet and attic on Ebay and have made $360 from that
- I have picked up extra odd jobs at my moms company. I was just doing Digital Media and Marketing for her. Now I’ve added in extra serving shifts and will be a Bridal Assistant during the busy summer months too (she owns a catering company)
- I’ve also been in Florida the past 2 weeks helping my mom move houses, and remodeling the new house. Lots of construction, managing workers, tearing out cabinets, cleaning, stripping wallpaper off walls, manual labor stuff
- I’ve been responding to almost all DM messages on Instagram and engaging will all 11k new followers I’ve gained. I’m estimating I’ve gotten about 3000 messages but I can’t even see them all so I don’t know. I’ve responded to at least 1000 of them, building relationships and networking
- Since launching my blog website I’ve also gotten around 500 emails, which I have responded back to every single one
- My daily habits have completely changed! I have not looked at a Kardashians Instagram since 😃 I also have not watched tv since. And I spend ever hour I’m awake being productive, either working for my family or for myself. My new hours of production are about 9AM-3AM
- The first week since our call I was up until 4-5AM every night working because my adrenaline to succeed was so intense I couldn’t sleep
- A guy in Texas, Jeff Vacek, has become somewhat of a mentor to me from Vayner Nation. He is in the process of starting a new business helping young entrepreneurs, and felt compelled to help me. So I talk to him a couple days a week for free and he’s helped me a lot in staying focused and has been a good person to bounce ideas off of
- I’ve also been collaborating with a guy in Vancouver, Austin, who is potentially the next Steve Jobs. This guy is brilliant, he’s been coding since he was 10, and reached out to me initially to help me with my website. Since then we’ve been refining 2 different tech businesses we want to launch together. One in the Digital Nomad area, and the other in the Automotive area.
- I’ve recently gained bags under my eyes LOL sleep is not something I seem to be catching up on
- I collaborated with a good friend of mine, Abu Fofanah. He’s a fellow hustler with an insane story. He started his own business helping entrepreneurs refine their ideas and execute on them, and I took his course and am helping promote his service
- One of the coolest things that has happened in these 30 days is all the people who have helped me, have also reached out to each other without me knowing. There is now a group of like 5-6 of us who are a tight little network (mini Vayner Family.) I’ve become this ‘connector’ for all these different talents and we are feeding off of each other. It’s super surreal and amazing!
If you’ve made it to the end of this email I really want to say from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for the conversation we had 30 days ago. I can only imagine how many people listen to your advice but don’t act upon it. I did NOT want to be one of those people.
I also wanted to clear up my millionaire by 25 goal. For me the dollar amount wasn’t the goal, it’s what a million dollars could afford me to do with my life. I really want to travel the world, learn from different cultures and new ways of thinking, and bring that knowledge back home to create things to better the world, or change the world even! That’s my ultimate goal. I just assumed being a millionaire was the only way for me to afford that and I didn’t want to wait until I was 40 to accomplish it. I like to move fast!
I would love to be able to talk with you again or work with you in the future! 😃You’ve truly changed my life with a 17 minute conversation. Nothing has been the same since!
I have much love and respect for everything you do! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!
Future 30 Under 30